There is no single rule for selecting boxing bags. They come in a variety of sizes, styles and materials and also made in different sizes and weights. These are important parameters that one has to keep in mind when purchasing boxing heavy bags. A common thumb rule that is suggested to people for choosing the right kind of punching bag is to choose a bag of weight half than one’s own weight. A bag that is too heavy can result in injury to the fingers and wrist while a bag that is too light can cause it to swing around too much with every punch given to the bag. The best boxing heavy bag weighs somewhere between 25-150 lbs. Light weight boxers who weigh somewhere between 150lbs can opt for 40lbs bags while a 70lbs bag is recommended for those weighing around 150-170 lbs. However a heavier bag may also be recommended for you if you’re an experienced boxer whose punches are harder than average. Boxing gloves are a must for boxers because the bags tend to be very resistant and hard and can cause serious injury or potentially damaging.
- Check for the quality of the outer material because that is what will hold the filler contents inside it.
- Check for the size and weight as per your body height and weight and choose a bag depending on the force of your punches.
- Good and reputed brands are trustworthy and you can rely on them for providing durable bags of genuine material.
- Aesthetics should be of last priority because you shall be using it for your fitness and workouts more than as a piece of decorative instrument.
Benefits of using Boxing Heavy Bags
Get boxing heavy bag for multiple workout purposes, the most common being for boxing, kick boxing, grinding and pounding. Some use it for aerobic activities, some others for strength training and muscle building etc. There are a lot of health benefits for people who use the boxing bags regularly:
- By purchasing bags for your home, you can set up your own personal gym and practice whenever you feel like.
- You can use it for blowing off some steam and whenever you feel like letting out your frustrations from time to time.
- It helps you shred fat to a great extent through high intensity interval trainings using the boxing bags.
- Boxing bags also help people in body building. Depending on the material and fillers used inside the bag, they provide great resistance aiding in the building of muscles.
- Use proper fighting techniques and you will see yourself feeling fit and healthy in every way possible.
- You can also use it for weight loss through aerobic or cardio based exercises.
- These boxes can be used for trainers for practicing kicking, and sharpening one’s skills in combat sports like martial arts, Muay Thai, karate etc.
Top brands presented in this segment:
1. Everlast Nevatear Boxing Heavy Bag: Made of premium quality synthetic leather, the Everlast Nevatear boxing bag offers a great power packed resistant performance and workout for users. It comes with pre-filled materials of synthetic fibers and natural fibers and the zipper is broken to prevent tampering with the seal. One does not have the option of filling it with fillers as per one’s preference. They are available in three colors of black, red and royal blue and 3 different sizes that include: 50 lbs for 36 inches, 100 lbs for 42 inches and 100lbs for 48 inches. The bag is tightly packed that helps it remain in shape and serves well for heavy punches, kicks and Muay Thai Kicks as well.
2. Everlast 100 pound Foam Heavy Bag: Uses C3 foam technology for it’s built and is considered one of the most budget friendly performers in the market with a weight of 100lbs. The C3 foam technology enables shock absorption and force dispersion. The product does not support MMA training and strong kicks and punches can cause breaking of the bag. However the same model has an MMA version as well. It also features a closed cell structure that inhibits the transfer of moisture onto the bag and ensures greater durability. Considering the price at which the bag is available it is a great bargain.
3. Lastworld Boxing Heavy Bag: Smaller in size and made of canvas, the Lastworld Boxing Heavy Bag comprises fibers as fillers. Sand fillers offer greater resistance. It comes with a size that measures 50” long including the chains while the bag itself is 33″ long. It is made of premium quality and makes it long lasting and very durable. Thus it is perfect as a heavy duty bag. The bag is available in a color combination of red and white. Children of 7-12 years of age will find the Lastworld Boxing Heavy Bag to be of ideal size and convenience.
4. Everlast Powercore Boxing Heavy bag: Featuring its trademark Powercore technology, the boxing heavy bag is a free standing bag that stands on the floor instead of being hung from the ceiling. It does wobble a little when struck hard but is quite stable when compared to boxing bags of similar sizes of similar price range. The outer shell is made of synthetic leather but isn’t very long lasting if it takes too much of a beating on a regular basis. It also has a plastic neck that can crack easily by overtraining but light aerobic activities and martial arts activities can work well and make it last longer. It also features a Power Transfer Ring Collar that helps in superior impact and absorption and re-coils after being struck.
5. The Multipurpose Everlast Omni Strike Heavy Boxing Bag: This is an 80 pound bag whose lower portion is wrapped with special C3 technology foam to help provide extra cushioning and protection for the hands. Prolonged usage of the bag over time will make the bag soft around the zone where it is struck most frequently. The outer coating is made of faux leather and comes with a knee strike handle provided for people interested in Muay Thai Training. It comes with a zipper for refilling the bag with material as per one’s convenience. For hanging it from the ceiling, the boxing bag provides a chain or swivel hook that measures about 17 inches in length. The bag filling is a blend of natural fibers and synthetic fibers and comes in a color combination of black and red, the latter being the portion of foam cover. Leaving the bag outdoors for training is not a good idea as it causes more wear and tear.
6. Everlast Black Powercore Nevatear: Made of synthetic leather, the bag features a reinforced webbing structure and can be refilled with any fillers as per one’s convenience. The metal rivets present on its side give it a heavy duty feel and durability with great centre alignment. The filler or stuffing can be filled into 10 different zip-lock sized bags which in turn contain the construction sand and weigh approximately 5 pounds each. The steel mounted hardware is of the best quality and come with 3 carabiner clips, swivel and a 10 inch chain. The bag also features Evertlast’s trademark Powercore Technology assuring maximum durability and stability for long term usage.
7. Everlast Free Standing Omni Heavy Bag: This comes with its own adjustable stand and is a floor mounted boxing bag. It features a shock absorbing foam strike surface made of premium quality material. It has double stitching on its sides to hold its contents securely and firmly in position. The bag has been made to weigh about 130lbs when filled with water and measures 67″ in height at its highest setting. In spite of its stand like structure, the Boxing Bag does not wobble over the floor and offers maximum stability for your training. 30 to 40 degrees of bending is possible with strong punches and kicks. It has a high density plastic neck that provides the necessary resilience and flexibility. Its outer shell is made of premium quality genuine leather and the neck design offers maximum impact absorption.
8. Everlast 100-Pound Nevatear Heavy Bag: This bag is made of special long lasting synthetic leather and is filled with a combined mixture of synthetic and natural fibers. This finely blended homogeneous combination offers ample shock absorbance. The bag features a double end attachment to fix the bag from both ends minimising any bobbling while punching the bag and thereby providing greater resistance. It comes with an adjustable chain like most heavy boxing bags and can be adjustable to different heights as per one’s convenience. The chain present on its sides helps users adjust it to convenient heights. The anchoring system also provides more resistance to wear and tear. The only color in which it is available is black and features the Everlast company logo.
9. Lastworld Boxing Heavy Bag: Made out of canvas cloth and red in color, the Lastworld boxing heavy bag makes a great item for gifting. Its small size as compared to bags of similar price and weight makes it more ideal for children. Children too need their fare share of exercise and workouts. With this boxing bag, you can help your child in training themselves in combat training sports or simply use it as a stress buster. The bag comes with no filling and one has the option of filling it with sand, gravel, cloth etc…, as per one’s convenience. The boxing bag measures 50″ in length including the chains that are provided for hanging the bag. Without the chains, the bag measures 33″ in length and 18 inches in diameter.
10. Lastworld Boxing Heavy Vinyl Bag: Made of leather on the outside, this boxing bag looks aesthetically pleasing and also serves your purpose well. It is a heavy duty bag and capable of taking in strong punches and kicks. . The punching bag measures a total of 54 inches including the chains provided for hanging it. Without the chains, the bag measures 41 inches in length with a diameter of 17 inches. The bag comes with a PVC chain that is used to hang the bag from the ceiling. It provides excellent resistance for all forms of workouts ranging from martial arts, karate, Muay Thai Training, MMA boxing, kick boxing, punching and much more.